Learn to Ride with Horse Trek’n
Here at Horse Trek’n we love nothing more than introducing people to our sport and passion – horse riding! We believe your horse riding journey should be a fun and enjoyable pathway to improvement. Whether you are looking to start out as a complete beginner, or are looking to return to riding after a break, or perhaps you are a more experienced rider looking for some further assistance on the ground – we are here to help!
We offer a flexible riding schedule that works around you, so whether you are looking to ride; weekly, fortnightly, after school, before school or even during the day we’ve got you covered. We have a team of BHS qualified instructors along with friendly and safe beginner horses who can help you start your riding journey today.
Want to Book? Enquire today!
Why Choose Us?
Now we might have said this before but we are strong believers in learning by having fun! We offer a relaxed but safe learning environment suitable for children and adults of all ages and experience levels.
- All learning is on a brand new 20x40m all-weather sand outdoor arena!
- Our lead instructor Lizzy is a fully qualified English BHS and Pony Club instructor – find out more about Lizzy here!
- We cater for all levels of experience and can help you achieve your goals – no matter how big or small – we are here to support your riding journey every step of the way
- Relaxed, friendly and safe team of happy schoolmaster horses to assist with your learning – or bring your own horse!
- As well as learning to ride you will become experienced in all levels of horsemanship as you learn about horse care and all the other important aspects of horse ownership
What can I expect to Learn?
To start off with – we all need to learn the basics! First you will learn;
- How to maintain the correct balance and position will riding in walk, trot and at the canter
- How to use your seat and hands to apply effective aids to the horse
- The basics of horsemanship such as catching, grooming and tacking up your horse
From there we can progress to a few more advanced principles;
- Understanding the basic principles of Dressage and working a horse on the flat correctly and harmoniously
- Work towards more advanced Dressage movements and introducing lateral work
- For those who don’t mind all four feet leaving the ground we can introduce pole work and basic jumping lessons
- The more advanced area’s of horsecare including; horse health, first aid, anatomy and biomechanics
If you have any specific goals in mind then do not hesitate to get in touch. We would love nothing more than to assist you achieve your goals; whether that is entering your first competition, your first jumping session or perhaps just regaining your confidence – we can help!
We offer a few different pricing options, including a 10% discount for booking your riding sessions in bulk;
One on one tuition with our instructors
- $60 per hour
- $540 if you book 10 lessons (paid in advance)
Group lessons are a great way to learn, you will be placed into a group with a similar experience level (up to 4 people)
- $40 per hour
- $360 if you book 10 lessons (paid in advance)
Young Rider / Introductory Sessions
These sessions are suitable for children under the age of 8, or as an introductory riding session
- $30 per 30 minutes